CrossFit® is constantly varied functional movement performed at high intensity. In any given workout of the day (WOD), you’ll see the following movements:
- Olympic lifts (snatch, clean & jerk)
- Barbell movements (thruster, deadlift, back squat, bench press, overhead press)
- Medicine ball movements (wall balls, russian twists, med ball cleans)
- Kettlebell movements (swings, carries, snatch)
- Cardio (rowing, running, jump rope)
- Bodyweight / gymnastics (handstands, pull-ups, push-ups, air squats, dips)
And more. Most WODs are comprised of 2 or 3 of the above movements and performed within a set time domain or performed as fast as good form allows.